AKA Covid Training Guidelines
When you come back to AKA to train everyone will need to abide by the current California and Santa Clara County restrictions to be able to safely train/workout at a fitness center indoors. The only way AKA can continue to stay open is if everyone follows the new guidelines and the daily cases in the the county DO NOT increase. We are at risk of re-closing at any point in time that Covid cases do increase in the county. Let’s all do our part to stay healthy, and keep our gyms open.
What to expect when AKA Reopens
in Santa Clara County in Tier 2 (RED) status:
• Gyms are allowed to open to a maximum of 10% capacity per size of the facility.
• Masks/Face Coverings must be worn at all times while in the facility & during training.
• Cardio equipment is not allowed to be used at the present time.
• Class sizes are going to be limited to stay within the social distancing guidelines.
• We will be taking reservations for classes and gym use to allow as many people to train daily. We are working on implementing an online reservation system with an app that members can log in to an see what is available.
• Initially training will be limited to 1 hour per day per member, either a class or gym use.
• Full Contact classes are NOT YET ALLOWED. That means NO SPARRING, NO Jiu-Jitsu, NO WRESTLING at the current time. We will add those classes as soon as we are allowed.
• Adult Kickboxing/Muay Thai and Boxing classes will be the first to be offered. We will need to stagger the classes with 30 minutes of cleaning time in between to sanitize. We have 2 commercial sanitizing foggers than can spray the walls, floors, bags, equipment with a 5-10 minute drying time. We will be sanitizing multiple times a day to build layers of protection.
• Youth Kickboxing/MMA Classes will be added in the coming weeks once it seems we can remain open and are allowed to increase the number of people allowed in the facility.
Checking in at AKA:
•The first time you return to AKA you will need to sign a new liability waiver that includes Covid-19 and we need to reverify we have your current contact information.
•Your temperature will be taken when you enter AKA with a touchless forehead thermometer to make sure you do not have a fever.
•We will write down your name, phone number and time you were at the facility to keep track of contact tracing in case of an unexpected occurrence of Covid-19.
•We will ask you to verbally verify that you do not currently have symptoms of Covid-19 (including but not limited to fever, cough, difficulty breathing) and have NOT been in contact with anyone who has within the past 14 days.
•If have recently visited AKA and tested positive during the time you were contagious we need you to NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
•You will need to WEAR A MASK WHILE TRAINING and ANYWHERE INSIDE THE FACILITY, to protect yourself and others from the spread of Covid-19.
•You will need to bring your own training equipment, including gloves, hand wraps, shin guards, etc. Loaner gear will NOT BE AVAILABLE due to the potential spread of COVID-19.
•Please take your belongings home with you. There will be NO LOST AND FOUND per Covid-19 ordinance. Anything left behind will be disposed of.
•BYOB – Bring your own Bottle of water. Water fountains are unavailable for the unforeseen future. We will have water, powerade, and MONSTER Energy drinks for sale at the front desk.
•Use of Lockers and Locker rooms are CLOSED for the unforeseen future.
•Showers are CLOSED for the unforeseen future.
•Use of restrooms and sinks to wash your hands are allowed.
•Hand Sanitizer is located at the front desk when you enter and leave the facility, as well as on walls outside the rooms in multiple locations throughout the facility.
•We ask that you help sanitize weight equipment before and after you use it. We will provide you with clean towels and spray cleaner at the front desk. We will additionally sanitize the equipment with the Sanitizing fogger multiple times a day.
How to reserve a time for
CLASS or Gym Use :
Prior to us opening on Monday September 14th, the best way to schedule a time to train is to email us at email@example.com and tell us which class time or gym use time you would like to reserve for which day. That will give you a time stamp on your request so we can fairly schedule everyone. Once we open next week you can call us at 408-225-9000. Gyms hours and classes may increase weekly based on demand.
We now have an app that can be used for scheduling classes.
called : "MINDBODY FITNESS, SALON and SPA"
You will be able to schedule classes once you have an active membership or buy and schedule individual classes for drop-ins.
the are working on implementing an online reservation system via the MINDBODY app so it will be up to date with class times and availability. You will need an active membership with a password to use the scheduling app. We will provide you with instructions for use once it is available for use.
Member Open Gym training hours for October 2020:
Monday – Thursday 3pm - 9pm
Friday 3pm – 8pm
Some Saturdays 9am – 11am (you will need to check in advance)
Class size capacity will be limited to 18 per class and gym use to 25 at a time to maintain social distancing.
Class & Gym Use Schedules as of October 8th: